Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chicken Kueh Tiaw at Lok Wee Koi (乐会居茶室)

Lok Wee Koi Coffee Shop (乐会居茶室) is one of the places that I have been visiting since my childhood days. This is also one of my favourite spot for a quick-fix lunch whenever I have a errand to run in Ipoh Town (Pekan Bharu). 

1). Lok Wee Koi is situated at a corner shop at the intersection of Jalan Mustapha Al-Bakri and Jalan Raja Musa Aziz.


2). This place offers a variety of food for you to choose from, namely Hor Hee, Chee Cheong Fun, Fried Noodles, Roasted Chicken Rice, etc.


3). Of course there is only reason I am here, for my favourite Ipoh Chicken Kueh Tiaw (鸡丝河粉)! Served with  prawn broth and topped with freshly sizzled chicken cutlets and prawns. However, the flavour do neeed some consistency though..


4). A Chicken Kueh Tiaw is not complete without Ipoh's famous kueh tiaw (河粉)!


5). Well, another reason I am here for the Ice-Cream Float, the shop's signature drink! Bandung syrup topped with vanilla ice-cream, and to be mixed with the soft drink of your choice. Usually I'll pick Ice-Cream Soda or Sprite. Simply refreshing!


6). Last but not least, the additional Fruit Rojak makes the meal complete with its special made shrimp paste sauce with grinded groundnuts. Bon appetite!


Lok Wee Koi Coffee Shop (乐会居茶室)
Jalan Mustapha Al-Bakri,
30300 Ipoh, Perak.
(Morning until late afternoon)

2 comments: